Linear ROAS Growth for a Pan-Indian EdTech Brand
Brand – A leading ed-tech platform that helps in language learning through pre-recorded sessions, app-based learning and live sessions.
Problem – Unable to move past the 1.5X return on ad spend (ROAS) mark every month, despite increasing the spends by 30%
Ask – Performance Marketing (Google Search Ads, Display Ads, Facebook, Instagram Ads) achieve a constant ROAS of 2X+ monthly at the current budget.
Goal – Achieve month-on-month (MoM) ROAS 2X for a quarter
The following are the steps taken to achieve a consistent 2X ROAS through Performance Marketing
Phase 1 – Current Performance Analysis & Benchmarking
Through this phase, we first identified the best-performing campaign & assets from the past 6 – 12 months of data to establish trends & insights to help us optimize the current campaigns and launch new campaigns.
The following factors were considered through this analysis phase –
- Keywords & search term bifurcation based on performance metrics
- Keyword bifurcation based on intent
- Campaign-type performance bifurcation
- Ad placements & distribution breakdown
- Ad quality score & related performance metrics
- Click-to-conversion rate and landing page quality analysis
We also cross-verified the Ads data against the data provided by the sales team from the CRM to attain insights on –
- Best performing courses
- High-ticket courses
- Location-wise performance
- Lead to customer conversion cycle & journey
- Peak lead generation times
- First touch-point TAT
- Revenue distribution across acquisition channels
Phase 2 – Ad Campaign Strategy & Optimization
From the insights gathered from Phase 1, we derived a two-prong strategy to ensure a smooth transition at an account level to the new campaigns without any significant drop in campaign performance and overall brand revenues.
The idea was to keep the best-performing campaigns with minor optimizations and replace the non-performing campaigns with new ones, which we crafted based on the analysis & insights.
On the champion campaigns which we retained, we optimized mainly for –
- Negative keywords
- Keyword match types
- Landing page content optimization
We stuck to the above handful of activities to ensure that the whole account doesn’t go into a learning phase, considering that we’re also parallelly launching new ad campaigns.
With the new campaigns also launched, we continued optimization sprints with the following factors –
- Monitoring Google Search Partner vs Display Partner Network ad distribution
- Experimenting with new offers & bundles
- Regional language campaigns
- Search trends & patterns
Phase 3 – Analysis
In addition to the regular Ad campaign performance analysis we monitored the campaigns continuously and had weekly sprints for –
- Lead-quality analysis
- Conversion ticket-size analysis
- User journey optimization
- Touch-point with the sales team for deeper understanding on the leads and enquiries